The workshops will be held in the meeting room at the Plantation Gardens Restaurant at the Kiahuna Plantation Resort located at 2253 Poipu Road, Koloa (across the street from Poipu Village Shopping Center). On the evening of the first workshop day, we will find a location on the south shore for capturing several dramatic sunset images.
On Thursday May 9th we will present our Digital Photography Fundamentals course. This is the workshop to take if you are just learning to use your digital camera and want to take it off the "Auto" setting and begin to explore creative photography. The workshop will combine classroom work with field shooting so be sure to bring your digital camera equipment to this workshop.
- You will become skilled at adjusting the critical settings on your camera (Aperture, Shutter Speed, ISO, Exposure Compensation, White Balance, and shutter triggering)
- Learn about: image composition, metering, lenses, depth-of-field, color spaces, light temperature, light filtering, and file capture in RAW vs JPEG and add to the creativity of your image capture.
- We will apply your new knowledge to an afternoon shoot of flowers and an evening shoot of an ocean sunset on the south shore using your camera and tripod. We will bring a variety of photography equipment for you to try that will enhance your image capture.
Also on Thursday afternoon we will present our Editing and Post-Processing of Digital Images course. In this course we will process some of your images using a variety of software packages best matched to your editing objectives. You will learn to create images that "pop".
- You will develop skills in using post-processing software such as Lightroom-4 with Nik plug-ins for overall image tonal and luminosity adjustment, Capture NX-2 for a compact workflow for NEF images, and Photoshop Elements for those times you need to literally replace areas within your image.
- Learn a complete workflow for turning any image file into a gorgeous printed picture. Start with a RAW or JPEG file, correct the color casts and composition, enhance the tones, brighten the luminosity, draw the viewers eyes to the subjects, and prepare the image to print.
- You will also extend your creativity by converting some of your images to Black & White using the Nik Silver Efex-2 Pro software. Black & White is the medium of classic professional photography and can result in powerful and dramatic images.
- You should bring your camera, computer and several of your favorite image files as we will process them from start to ready-for-printing right in class.
On Friday May 10th we will present our Portrait Photography of People, Flowers & Things course. In this one-day workshop, we will build on the previous day learning with a emphasis on image portraiture (of people, pets and beautiful things) where we fill the frame with the subject and manage the light for the desired result.
- You will develop skills in composition of the subject and creating effective lighting sources
- Learn how to use natural light and your on-camera flash, how to setup external light sources and reflectors, and how to trigger the entire system using remote triggering devices.
- Bring your camera as we will do a several portrait shoots in the morning and in the afternoon we will edit your images in class using the same software as in the post-processing workshop and also exploring the enhancements possible with Portrait Professional software.
Workshops & Pricing:
Fundamentals May 9th only $135.00 (Includes Digital Fundamentals & Editing workbook)
Portraits May 10th only $ 95.00 (Includes Portrait Photography workbook)
For more information contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org